A Letter from Brown Community Management Re: COVID-19
The world health community continues to monitor closely the emergence of the SARS‐CoV‐2 virus and the disease it causes, named “coronavirus disease 2019” (COVID‐19). At this time, no one knows how severe this outbreak will be. Given this uncertainty, and the fact that the seasonal influenza (flu) virus is also widespread, Brown Community Management (BCM) is taking proactive steps to address a number of concerns for our employees and clients. First and foremost, we want to maintain a safe workplace and community environment, and encourage and/or adopt practices protecting the health of employees, homeowners, visitors and others. We also want to ensure the continuity of business operations.
While each community’s Board of Directors will need to determine what is optimal, BCM strongly recommends the following steps be taken immediately:
- Board/Annual/Committee Meetings: Utilize conference call capabilities instead of in‐person gatherings, and consider postponing meetings until the severity of the outbreak is better understood.
- Community Events: Postpone social and other community events until the severity of the outbreak is better understood.
- Assessment Payments: Encourage homeowners to make payments online or by mail.
- Physical Interaction: Minimize physical interaction such as shaking hands, and maintain ample “personal space” when meeting in person.
- Hygiene: Wash hands frequently and thoroughly. Cover mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, and throw tissues into the trash.
You may find more recommendations at the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention website, at cdc.gov.
BCM has taken several precautionary steps internally as well, and we will work to minimize disruptions for our clients while protecting the health and safety of our employees.
We sincerely appreciate your ongoing support and patience as we all work through this challenge. Thank you.
Bob Brown, CAAM, President
Brown Community Management, Inc.
“Promises Kept, Expectations Exceeded”