From humble beginnings, Brown Community Management has grown into one of the largest homeowner association management companies in Arizona, all the while continuing to maintain close, personal relationships with our clients, just as we did on day one in 1996. I truly believe this is the reason we have continued to grow our business year after year.
Training is Vital
Associations require a trained, professional community manager to navigate the many issues facing HOAs today. As the President and Founder of Brown Community Management, I am personally committed to ensuring that our staff is the best qualified to meet the needs of the Valley’s homeowner associations.
As a past Chair on the Board of the Arizona Association of Community Managers (AACM), I require that all of our managers maintain their CAAM designation (Certified Arizona Association Manager). You can read much more about our training and continuing education requirements here.
We have a seat on the Board of the Central Arizona Chapter of Community Associations Institute (CAI), which is the only national organization dedicated to fostering vibrant, responsive and competent community associations. CAI provides excellent resources to our management team and associations.
As active AACM and CAI members, our team has immediate access to:
- The most up-to-date information concerning legislative decisions affecting homeowner associations
- Service providers in every industry that understand the homeowner association’s needs
Applications for a charitable grant program established to assist qualified homeowner associations or members who need help improving their circumstances.
We are dedicated to helping our clients and vendors navigate the complexities of effective association management, as well as enhancing our partnerships. To accomplish this, we have an extensive calendar of educational opportunities, in the form of informational seminars, hosted by professional HOA service providers. Among the topics presented are:
- Legislative decisions that affect board members and/or service providers
- Notification and implementation of changes in state laws pertaining to associations (building codes, semi-public pools, etc.)
- Timely information on landscape, “going green”, water management and other common area issues
- Best practices for conducting annual meetings, holding productive board meetings, proper minute taking, managing increasing delinquencies, collections, etc.
We offer your community a broad scope of resources, including experienced staff, skilled vendors, and extensive professional services. If you’re looking for reliable management services delivered with integrity, Brown Community Management is here to serve you.